Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is my house!

I love my little house. I moved into this house 3 months before Larry and I got married. Now all of you who are going Aha...let me say, "I moved into the basement 3 months before Larry and I got married!" Larry tried really hard to let me have his room and he would take the basement but to be honest, that felt like alot of moving, and just getting my apartment moved into his basement was work enough. So into the basement went my things and everything thing else was Larry's.

I spent quite a bit of time cleaning and moving things when I first moved in. The kitchen was of course set up wrong and how could I possibly live with the "Royals Game commemorative mugs" as decorations? I cleaned too!!! Boy did I clean! Carpets,Walls, Floors you know...I took the bachelor out of the bachelor pad! I really wanted to feel bad for Larry, me slowly moving his things to the basement , but to be honest...I really didn't. To my surprise though, I didn't move my things upstairs. Well a few little things, mostly pictures, but my things stayed in the basement. We bought some new furniture and kept some of his(not the 40 yo 8 ft long UGLY couch) and went about finding things we both liked to decorate the space. I think after 2 years we have a pretty good balance that makes us both happy. I thought of this recently when I went to the basement and saw boxes of my stuff...still sitting there abandoned. Now home to cobwebs and dust...and I wondered why haven't I gotten rid of this stuff? Stuff, that's all it is...little pieces of our life before we moved into our little house on the corner. I'm not worried I will ever need any of it again, most of the kitchen stuff I gave to my son when he moved in his apartment and I have a few things I will send with Kassadee when she goes off to college...but most of it is just old decorations...things that don't really fit into the space I love now. Soooo next week my project will be the basement....I am finally going to discard the last of my previous life....A life that was filled with fear and loneliness....a life that held me captive in worry, a life that took me years to understand was less than I deserved....I wasn't living...I was waiting, with trepidation for the next shoe to drop, for the next tragedy, the next lost job, the next illness, the next kid drama, the next broken car or unpaid bill, the next and the next and the next.

I'm not sure Larry will ever understand how he saved us....how he gave us hope. How he filled a hole....how he breathed life back into me, the momma....How he made me live, not wait...how he made me feel safe...how he gave me the courage to take a step forward....to live and love and laugh and parent and breathe.....breathe.....just sit back and take a deep breath, free from fear and lonliness and worry and illness and pain and and and....

So this is my Thank You to Larry...thank you for giving me my little house on the corner...my safe place...my nest....my house and my home, my place to be the woman God intended me to be. wife and mother....safe and happy and loved beyond my wildest dreams....you are my hero Larry and I appreciate you. Thank you for letting us turn YOUR house into OUR home. Commerative Mugs and all. I Love you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment