Friday, August 7, 2009

Why the title?

Two of my favorite things.....Tea Cups and Quilts. Why? I recently thought about this and came up with a reason that could be profound or....just proves I spent alot of time in therapy.
I decided the tea cups represent the side of me that is fragile and delicate. I have a huge desire to be the kind of woman that is sweet and kind...fragile....the kind if soft spoken woman that many would associate with a Southern Belle.... so many of the thngs that are not me...most of the time...I want to be treated like a delicate bone china tea cup....beautiful, delicate yet strong enough to last decades...without fading or cracking. Handled with gentleness and appreciation for all its strength and beauty.
Quilts......they represent the beautiful, soft and comfy side of me. When you see a warn by love quilt you immediatly want to curl up on the couch with a hot drink and a good book. Warm and comfortable. Relaxing, peaceful and safe. Home and Family....and beauty. All these things we feel when we are wrapped in comfort and love. When my loved ones are near me I want them to feel like they are wrapped in a comfortable old quilt. I want them to feel warmth and comfort safety and love. The thing about quilts is the more you use them the more beautiful they become. I want to be the warn old quilt that my family longs for in the years to come. When they return to my home I want to wrap them in my comfort and love and keep them safe and warm for generations to come.....and the more they use me the more beautiful I will become.Ok so enough about that... I have been a blogger for years but this is the first blog I intend to share with others....Thanks for taking the ride with me......











































































































No comments:

Post a Comment